The Social Innovation Podcast spoke to Louis-Alban Batard-Dupre, the founder and Food Waste Fighter at Yindii. Yindii is a marketplace connecting Bangkok restaurants and cafes’ surplus to consumers at discounted prices. It reduces Thailand’s food waste and its carbon footprint, one meal at a time. The team at Yindii believes that food consumption can have a positive impact on the planet if managed properly.
Clearly, Food Waste and concerns about it are not merely a passing trend.
Some of the topics that Louis and I discussed include:
- Louis’ introduction to the startup world in France with ConnectThings which was founded by Laetitia Gazel Anthoine
- Leaving ConnecThings after 7 years and traveling with his wife for a year
- Bartered digital marketing services for hotel and hostel stays while traveling
- How his travels and meditation introduced him to social innovation and local impact
- Working at Scholars of Sustenance and learning about Food Waste
- Founding Yindii and managing its rapid growth while bootstrapping
- Tips for starting a company as a foreigner in Thailand
- Time to get Yindii funded
Louis-Alban Batard-Dupre can be reached here —> firstname.lastname@example.org