The Impact At Scale Podcast enjoyed talking about the recycling industry with Nishchay Chadha the CEO of ACE Green Recycling. ACE is a green battery recycling technology company that has sustainable solutions for both lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries and is developing clean technology solutions for other metallic waste streams.
Nishchay started his career in the mining industry where he experienced firsthand the impact that it had on the planet. This was where he first got a view of the recycling space and saw that there was an opportunity in this fast-growing market to develop solutions that would meet the needs of the planet. Battery recycling is an industry that will continue to grow as the production of all sorts of batteries continues to increase significantly.
Some of the topics that Nishchay covered
- The complexity of the recycling process
- Moving from mining to recycling
- Incentivizing the right sort of behavior
- Size of the recycling market
Some other titles we considered for this episode
- Unless you are commercially successful it's not going to be a sustainable business
- More recycling will lead to less mining
- Companies sitting with billions in cash will need to part with it
Read the best-effort transcript below (This technology is still not as good as they say it is…):