Have you ever wondered what it's like to work closely with Bill Gates for over a decade? Or what the future of energy looks like? In this week's episode of The Impact at Scale Podcast, we go deep with Jonah Goldman, the ex-Managing Director at Breakthrough Energy, One of Bill Gates's investment companies to discuss all of this and more.
Jonah shares his insights on the current state of venture investing, the technologies that are exciting him at the moment, and the changes he would like to see in order to solve the climate crisis. He also provides a unique perspective on global climate events and the levers that move power.
Some of the topics that Jonah covered:
- From political advocacy to planet advocacy
- Taking the leap with the Gates Foundation
- Lessons from working with Bill Gates
- Changing capital structures to adapt to climate needs
- Building the engines to reinvent the entirety of our physical economy
- The relationship between government and fossil fuels
Some other titles we considered for this episode:
- Venture isn't designed to build hard things
- We need to innovate the world's capital structures
- It is not climate it is the entirety of our physical economy
- Making energy cheaper for the end consumer is always a good policy goal
- The progress we have made has been pretty significant
Read the best-effort transcript below (This technology is still not as good as they say it is…):